Bonaventura Puig Perucho, landscape painter, born in Barcelona in 1886 and deceased in 1977 in Sant Pere de Ribes, was a pupil of Nicanor Vázquez, Alexandre Casas, Antoni Caba and Modest Urgell. He was a member of the Acadèmia de Belles Arts of Sant Jordi, in 1941 professor of L’Escola Superior of BB.AA. of Sant Jordi; member of honour of the Reial Cercle Artístic de Barcelona; member of the Board of Museums and the Societat Artística Literària.
He had his first individual exhibition in 1907 in the Sala Parés in Barcelona, followed in 1911 by the ones in his studio in Montparnasse (Paris) and in 1913 at the Faianç Català. Later he passed to be a regular exhibiter in La Pinacoteca (1915, 1931, 1933, 1935, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1948, 1952, 1954, 1958, 1962, in 1968 he celebrated there his last show before he died). Other individual exhibitions took place in Madrid (in 1925 in the Salon de Arte Moderno), in Vilafranca del Penedés (1930 in Orfeó Vilafranquí), and Zurich (1937, in Galerie Aktuaryus)
He had even much more group shows: Galeries Laietanes, Sala Parès and Reial Cercle Artístic (where he shared the walls with artists like Joaquim Mir, Anglada Camarasa, Julio Romero de Torres or Ricard Urgell), Galerías Areñas and Grifé & Escoda; in Cadiz (in 1926, in the Sala Municipal); he participated in the Autumn Salon in Paris, in the National Exhibition of BB.AA. in Madrid (1920, 1924 y 1944, where he obtained the third, second and first medal, respectively), in the International Exhibition in Venice (1924, 1936), Barcelona (1929), and Baltimore (1929), in the Biennial of Venice (1939, 1944) and others in Oslo (1931), Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Saint Louis and Toronto (in 1926 together with the International Carnegie Institute), Berlin and Buenas Aires (1942 and 1943 with the show “Arte Español”).